- December 17, 2014 – River Plantation brought suit against Cobb County regarding 3 storm water pipes beneath River Plantation.
- April 24, 2015 – Overlook was officially informed it was one of the four John Does. Subsequently, Overlook’s insurance was put on “notice”. However, since Overlook was not named, the insurer only monitored the litigation between River Plantation and Cobb County.
- September 9, 2015 – Overlook was served with notice that Overlook was being substituted for John Doe #2 on the original December 17th, 2014 suit
- John Doe #1 is Riverview
- John Doe #3 is Willows
- John Doe #4 is River Heights Exchange (the oil pipeline)
- Current status – Overlook’s current insurer has assigned council to defend
New information will be posted as received by Overlook. Please understand that it could be weeks or months. The claim itself spans multiple years and multiple insurance policies. Overlook could very well have multiple attorneys being paid by multiple insurers before a response is submitted to the court, which is dependent completely on what our current and previous insurers decide.
Additional, more technical/legalese, jargon is posted on the Unit Owners (Private) section, if you are interested.